Application Deadline:November 15th 2019
The Young African Leaders Initiative Regional Leadership Center Southern Africa (YALI RLC-SA) and the Trevor Noah Foundation have partnered to invest in a new generation of young African champions for education quality.
Programme implementation will be completed in two phases: 1) four weeks of intensive classroom training focused on foundational leadership skills and the application of business and public institution management tools for the education sector and 2) six months of post-graduation coaching and mentoring. The programme will also include site visits and live case studies using highly interactive methodologies.
The Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) is a signature effort to invest in the next generation of African leaders, hosted by the University of South Africa at the Graduate School of Business Leadership in Midrand, South Africa.
The Trevor Noah Foundation is a non-profit organization that equips underserved youth with the educational foundation and opportunity to become resilient future leaders of South Africa.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Young leaders, ages (18-35)
- Demonstrated commitment to positively impact their communities, countries and the African continent
- Involvement and/or experience in the Education sector
- Nationals of Angola, Botswana, Comoros, Lesotho, Malawi, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Eswatini, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Ability to commit to a four-week residential training program
- English language proficiency
The programme encourages applications from:
- Young African Leaders in the education sector i.e. principals, teachers, education enterprises or nonprofits, and policymakers
- Rural based and economically disadvantaged young leaders
- Young leaders with disabilities
- People who are HIV positive or living with AIDS
- Individuals that represent and advocate for the rights of LGBTI communities across the region
- Other minority groups
There is no fee to apply for or participate in the programme.
Successful applicants will be provided round-trip transportation to the program, lodging, meals, and course materials. All other costs will be at the participant’s expense.
The training is residential and requires a commitment to attend all sessions in person at the Regional Leadership Center. To apply, visit the YALI RLC SA website: https://yalisouthernafrica.melimu.com/ . Closing date 15 November 2019.For assistance contact: Bento Marcos, Head of Recruitment and Selection, YALI Regional Leadership Center Southern Africa
Tel: +27 11 652 0317 / 0354;
E-mail email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information: