Application Deadline: 18 August 2019, 23:59 UTC time
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) is opening the application round for the ICANNFellowship Program taking place at the ICANN67 Public Meeting from 7-12 March 2020 in Cancún, Mexico.
The ICANN Fellowship Program is open to all applicants interested in, or already engaged in, the various aspects of ICANN‘s work in policymaking, the operation of the Domain Name System, and the security and stability of the global Internet. The goal of the program is to help create a more diverse and a broader base of knowledgeable constituents who can engage in the ICANN multistakeholder process and become the new voices of experience in their regions and on the global stage.
Since its creation in 2007, the Fellowship Program has built a strong group of fellows who are actively participating in ICANN communities and in other Internet governance entities in the Internet ecosystem. Participation covers a range of activities:
- Writing articles and blogs
- Giving online or in-person public comments about bottom-up policymaking
- Participating in Internet conferences and panel discussions
- Joining working groups
- Mentoring newcomers
- Assisting our regional leaders
- Becoming leaders themselves
Candidates from all regions and sectors are welcome to apply to the ICANN Fellowship Program.
Participants of the Fellowship Program must:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be interested in, or already engaged in, the various components of ICANN‘s work in policy building, the operation of the Domain Name System and the security and stability of the global Internet
- Complete mandatory ICANN Learn course(s); learn more here
- NOT be involved in or associated with other ICANN supported travel programs at time of selection
- Policy Forum applicants must have successfully completed an ICANN Fellowship
- Have previously received no more than two fellowships; second and third time fellows must prove their involvement and engagement in one of the ICANN communities (learn more here)
Fellowship recipients are expected to:
- Engage in Fellowship Program Mentoring processes
- Complete additional required ICANN Learn courses
- Attend the ICANN Public Meeting and required activities, including but not limited to ICANN Fellowship sessions during the ICANN Meeting
- Network and interact with program alumni and community members
- Complete the post-meeting survey
Travel will be booked by ICANN via its travel service provider. ICANN will not purchase any travel tickets for a fellow unless and until the fellow has all the necessary travel documents, including visas and in some cases transit visas, in their possession and has provided ICANNwith pdf copies of such documents
For ICANN meetings, a stipend not to exceed USD 500.00 will be provided to offset reasonable individual expenses (such as meals, transport to/from the airport and incidentals). One half of the allotted stipend will be provided to each participating fellow prior to the meeting; the second half of the stipend will be provided via wire transfer by ICANN upon successful completion of the ICANN Fellowship Program and submission of the post-meeting survey two weeks after the ICANN Meeting.
For More Information