Application Deadline: 21 July 2019 at 12 midnight Central Africa Time (CAT)
GoGettaz is a competition for innovative, young entrepreneurs pursuing the trillion-dollar opportunity of Africa’s agri-food sector. If you are a young agripreneur with a pioneering business venture, you could win one of two US$50,000 cash prizes that will help you change your world and transform the agri-food business.
One male and one female winner will be chosen based on the innovation, originality, scalability and environmental sustainability of their business venture.
All applicants benefit from inspiration, education, and support via access to an online platform for entrepreneurs.
GoGettaz. Revolutionise entrepreneurship. Reimagine agri-food. Win $50,000.
GoGettaz is an annual competition to identify innovative entrepreneurial ventures in the agri-food sector founded by young people (young, adult agri-food entrepreneurs, aged 35 and under) across the African continent.
- Venture is already legally registered in a country which is a member of the African Union or will have commenced with the registration of such a legal entity prior to 21 July 2019
- Venture is headquartered in a country which is a member of the African Union
- Venture is designed to be financially sustainable, either as a for-profit business or a non-profit generating some revenue and aiming not to be dependent on donor funding
- Venture plays a role in the agri-food sector and/or supports the development of the agri-food sector through an innovation or process improvement
- The agri-food sector may be defined as businesses including:
– Agri-food research & development
– Primary food production (farming)
– Crop nutrition
– Mechanisation, automation or robotics, including drones
– Crop protection
– Hydroponics or urban farming
– Transport, distribution, storage or logistics
– Food processing
– Packaging or marketing
– Food retail or service
– Waste management or recycling
– Digital or technology solutions/services to the agri-food sector
– Innovative finance solutions/services to the agri-food sector
– Renewable energy or environmental solutions/services to the agri-food sector
– An expert jury will review all applications, considering criteria such as innovation, originality, scalability, and environmental sustainability.
– 30 semi-finalists will be notified via Facebook and email at the end of July 2019. Semi-finalists will each be interviewed and asked for further information.
– 12 finalists will be selected by the jury in August 2019. Six male and six female finalists will be notified via Facebook, in person or by email.
– Finalists will be invited to compete in the final live pitching contest at the Africa Green Revolution Forum (AGRF) meeting in Accra, Ghana on Tuesday, 3 September 2019. This will be part of a full week of activities that finalists will be expected to attend, from 2-6 September 2019. Should you not have a valid passport and plan to enter GoGettaz, please apply for one now.
– All 12 finalists will be awarded mentorship, programming linkages and other guidance to continue their entrepreneurial journey.
Complete the full online application by no later than 21 July at 12 midnight Central Africa Time (CAT). Please review the questions early in the process so you have enough time to prepare thoughtful responses. The application includes questions such as:
● “Give an example of your entrepreneurial mindset.”
● “How does your venture make money?”
● “Who are your main customers?”
● “Who are your main competitors?”
● “What are your biggest business challenges so far and how have you overcome them?” Applicants must fill out each section of the application to be considered. Be sure to allow enough time to complete all sections. Applicants must also film and submit a video pitch of no longer than three (3) minutes, answering the following questions:
● Who – Introduce yourself and your venture. What is unique about your story?
● What – Tell us what your venture or idea is. What is the potential?
● How – Describe your business model. How is it designed for success, and how is it innovative? Does it use any unique technology or approaches?
● Why – What inspires you about this work? What social impact could it have? What problem does it solve? What jobs does it create? An expert jury will review all applications, considering criteria such as innovation, originality, scalability, and environmental sustainability.
For More Information: