Call for applications for the TED Fellows Program 2020. The TED Fellowship in Canada provides transformational support to a global network of 470+ visionaries – scientists, artists, activists, entrepreneurs, doctors, journalists, and inventors – who collaborate across disciplines to create positive change around the world.
Once selected, Fellows receive transformational support. Fellows participate in professional coaching and mentoring and work with a public relations expert dedicated to sharing their latest projects with the world. TED Fellows participate in an active online network and attend regional meet-ups and retreats for an explosion of conversation and ideas. All TED Fellows also have the opportunity to apply for a Senior Fellowship and grow their leadership in the Fellows community.
Every year, they select a new class of extraordinary thinkers and doers. They look for innovators on the rise in their respective fields with a bold, original approach to their work. The TED Fellowship program has the potential to catapult your career forward. By attending and speaking at the TED conference, you’ll be given a platform to share your work and ideas far and wide, and you’ll meet individuals who can help your career. As a Fellow, you’ll also join the powerful global network of TED Fellows – innovators who may be future collaborators. Fellows also have access to personal mentorship opportunities, public-relations guidance, speaker coaching and more.
TED FELLOWS PROGRAM 2020 DETAILS:
NO. OF FELLOWS:
- TED covers the costs of transportation to and from the TED conference, any visa you may need, accommodations and food while at the conference and conference registration.
- Fellows get career coaching and speaker training as well as mentorship and public relations guidance. Fellows also give a talk at a TED Conference, a huge opportunity to share their work with a wide, new audience. And perhaps most important, Fellows join the community of 450+ other Fellows who inspire one another and collaborate on new projects.
- Open to doers, makers, inventors, advocates, filmmakers and photographers, musicians and artists, scientists, entrepreneurs, NGO heads, and human rights activists.
- All applicants must be 18 years or older by the time they apply.
- In addition to impressive accomplishment, fine character and a good heart are two very important traits we look for in every potential TED Fellow. More than anything, this focus on character has defined the success of the TED Fellows program.
- Fellows are individuals with original work, a record of achievement in their field and exceptional potential. They are also courageous, collaborative people dedicated to improving life where they work.
- They are looking for individuals from all disciplines, and who have collaborative, kind personalities.