Do you know a leader under 40 who is making an impact on the world and innovating towards the greater good? Nominate them to join the Young Global Leaders Class of 2021.
- The candidate must be 38 years old or younger at nomination
- Has 5-15 years of recognized achievements, leadership and outstanding professional work experience.
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to serve society at local and global levels, has an impeccable record in the public eye, good standing in their community, self-awareness and a desire to learn.
- Candidates from the business sector must manage a corporation or division and must hold one of the following titles (or equivalent): President, chair of the board, chief executive officer, managing director, managing partner or publisher.
- Companies, organizations and entities can only nominate one candidate from their qualifying company every two years.
- If the company is a member or partner of the World Economic Forum, the candidate requires the approval of the chief executive officer or chair of the board of the respective company.
- Self-nominations are not accepted.
- YGLs are fully involved in the Forum’s meetings, initiatives and research and interact with the Forum’s wider multi stakeholder community.
- YGLs have a powerful role in determining the community’s activities. They are governed by a foundation board of respected leaders and are managed by a dynamic team of young professionals based in Geneva and China.
- Set up as an independent, not-for-profit foundation under the Swiss government, the Forum of Young Global Leaders is an integral part of the World Economic Forum.
- Summer: The World Economic Forum shortlists candidates for further review
- Fall: The shortlisted candidates are reviewed by Heidrick & Struggles, recognised as one of the world’s leading executive search and leadership consulting firms
- Winter: A Selection Committee reviews the top candidates and selects 100 to be honoured as Young Global Leaders
- January of subsequent year: The candidates are informed of their selection as Young Global Leaders*
- March of subsequent year: The press announcement for the new Class of Young Global Leaders is released
For More Information: