The Artificial Intelligence (AI) Residency Program is a one-year research training position designed to give you hands-on experience with artificial intelligence research while working in Facebook AI.
The Facebook AI Research Residency program will pair you with an AI Researcher and Engineer who will both guide your project. With the team, you will pick a research problem of mutual interest and then devise new deep learning techniques to solve it. We also encourage collaborations beyond the assigned mentors. The research will be communicated to the academic community by submitting papers to top academic venues (for example, NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, CVPR, ICCV, ACL, EMNLP, etc.), as well as open-source code releases and/or product impact.
We encourage applications from people who have:
- A strong technical background and are passionate about AI research.
- Prior experience in machine learning is certainly a strength, but we seek people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including areas ostensibly unrelated to machine learning such as (but not limited to) math, physics, finance, economics, linguistics, computational social science, neuroscience, and bioinformatics.
- Learn how to perform research in deep learning and AI.
- Understand prior work and existing literature.
- Work with mentors to identify problem(s) of interest and develop novel AI techniques.
- Translate ideas into practical code (in frameworks such as PyTorch).
- Write up research results in the form of an academic paper or open-source projects.
- Applications will open in fall 2019 for the 2020–2021 cohort.
- Applications will close on Friday, January 31, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. PST.
- Residents will start in August 2020.
How to Apply:
For candidates interested in working in Menlo Park, New York, or Seattle, please apply here. For candidates interested in working at the London location, please apply here. If applying to both, you may use the same application materials. We can only consider complete applications.
Applications will close on Friday, January 31, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. PST. The program will start in August 2020.
To learn more about what it’s like to be an AI Resident at Facebook, read this Q&A with two of the 2019 Facebook AI residents.