Deadline: October 31, 2019.
Aspire Coronation Trust (ACT) Foundation is a grant making nonprofit organization established in 2016 to support local, national and regional non – profit organizations working to address challenges and associated vulnerabilities across the African Continent.
ACT Foundation is keen on improving our process for making and managing grants. Our goal is to increase quality and impact of projects, provide more time to innovate and build strong relationships with our partners, to ultimately achieve results for the people we serve, together.
1. HEALTH: Their goal is to facilitate better health care services for the vulnerable and marginalized groups in our society. To achieve this goal, the foundation will support initiatives in the following areas:Malaria, Cancer, Maternal and child health.
2. ENVIRONMENT: In a joint report by WHO & UNICEF (August 2004) it was stated that about 2.4 billion people will likely face the risk of needless diseases and death by the target of 2015 because of bad sanitation such as decaying or non-existent sewage systems which will fuel the spread of diseases like cholera and diarrhea which kills 1 child every 21 seconds.
3. ENTREPRENEURSHIP: The United Nations Sustainable Development Report states that the percentage of people living below the extreme poverty line dropped by half between 2002 and 2012, from 26 to 13 per cent. This translated to one in eight people worldwide living in extreme poverty in 2012. Poverty remains widespread in Sub-Saharan Africa, where more than 40 per cent of people lived on less than 1.90 US dollars a day in 2013.
4. LEADERSHIP: They recognize that we have leadership challenges as a nation and a continent, therefore, there is need to build a new generation of credible, accountable and ethical leaders who will propel the continent towards effective and sustainable economic and human development as well as peace and security.
1. Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Nonprofit Organizations (NPOs), Community Based Organizations (CBOs) and Social Enterprises duly registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) in Nigeria and/or with the appropriate bodies outside Nigeria and within Africa.
2. The Foundation funds NGOs/NPOs/ CBOs across the African continent.
3. Organizations are only allowed to send in ONE application that shows an initiative/project that goes in line with our Foundation’s focus areas.
4. The Foundation only recognizes communication in English. All applications and further correspondences must be communicated only in English.
5. Two or more organizations can apply to receive funding on a project
6. ACT Foundation will only consider organizations who have been legally registered and been in operation for a minimum of two (2) years before applying for the grant.